Friday, January 28, 2011

Blogging? Who'd've thunk it!

Well here I am. On a blog. I haven't told anyone that I'm writing a blog and I doubt that I ever will, in real life that is. I suppose that's the beauty of the internet. To you all, I'm just Ash and to me, you're all just my readers (if you exist that is).
I don't really know why I'm even writing this blog. Possibly the last 11 (yes, 11) weeks of holidays are driving me insane. Possibly the fact that I have to endure another 4. Ah the simple life of a uni student. What's that you say? Nearly 4 months of holidays, why yes I do.
Fortunately I'm not going to rub my atrocious amount of holidays in your face. It's not as good as it seems. After a 9 months living in a glorious big city on Australia's beautiful east coast with my every whim at my fingertips (or at the least, only a frustrating bus ride away) I have returned to my hometown. I'm living with Dad again (my Mum had to move for work, she's still with Dad though) and have a curfew. I once made the mistake of coming home a little inebriated and promptly forgot about it in the morning. That didn't pan out too well at all.
Enough complaining now! I guess a first blog post is probably a good place to give you all a quick introduction to myself. So here goes...
I'm Ash (actually my real name too, oh no losing my internet anoniminity) and I'm about to start my second year of a Bachelor of Science at a lovely university in the aforementioned city. Science isn't what I'd really like to do but I just have to cop this one on the chin if I want to get into med. Medicine is what I really want to do I guess. I got rejected just over a week ago and some more offers come out on Wednesday however I think I'm going to fare as well as a snowflake in hell. As crappy as this is, it's something I definitely can't complain about. I didn't work very hard last year in uni (read: partying 4 nights a week certainly isn't compliant with study) and much to my surprise, got crap marks.
This year I guess I'm just aiming to study more and party less. I'll come back soon with fun stories about things like expensive textbooks ($700 for a semester???), classes and homework.
Yay...

No comments:

Post a Comment